Suite 1900 • Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
(414) 272-5632 | (414.)272-7918 (fax)
Representing Children in Family Law Cases:
A Series on GALs in Wisconsin
July 16, 2007
Although the role of a guardian ad litem, or GAL, is settled in Wisconsin, the issue is highly contentious elsewhere. The dispute illustrates that, while the GAL role in Wisconsin is not perfect, it is better than most other alternatives.
Originally published in the Wisconsin Law Journal, this series of articles examines the role of the lawyers for children in family law cases.
- Representing Children in Family Law Cases
- Representing the Child’s Best Interest, Not the Child
- What’s the Proper Role of the Attorney Serving as GAL?
- Child Representation in a Perfect World