Suite 1900 • Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
(414) 272-5632 | (414.)272-7918 (fax)
Lawyer … and Thief
May 9, 2012
In the Matter of Disciplinary Proceedings Against Aaron J. Rollins, Attorney at Law, we have a lawyer who was:
- Criminally convicted of “grand theft”
- Did not notify OLR of the conviction
- Is suspended for not paying bar dues
- Is suspended for not complying with the mandatory CLE requirements
- Did not respond to, nor participate in, the disciplinary proceedings
The Wisconsin SC decided that these were “serious failings” and therefore warranted – wait for it – a 60 day suspension.
Chief Justice Abrahamson filed what is certain her shortest dissent ever – here it is in its entirety: “I think a 60-day suspension is inadequate.”
She did not, however, offer what she thought would be an appropriate suspension.
Disclaimer: While I am retained on occasion by OLR in individual cases, I had no involvement in this matter.